Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gifts for the little one

Today's crafty funness consisted of a couple of cute projects. Remember the painted wood box from the previous post? Well that was transformed into a headband holder! This idea was borrowed from my friend Julie (check out her blog- I Was Dreaming When I Wrote This) who saw it on YouTube. All I did was take quilt backing and wrapped it around the handle. I then covered it with fabric which (don't tell anyone) but I just hot glued. Then I had some colorful buttons that I decided to stick all around it.





Miranda is getting her first loose tooth so we have to prepare for the Tooth Fairy's visit. I created this box for these upcoming visits. The stamps are ones that I received from a Unity Stamp Co. grab bag that I purchased awhile back. I tried my hand at embossing for the first time- I know, how can I be a real scrapbooker yet never embossed but it's true. I found that I LOVE embossing! All of the stamps are embossed with Martha Stewart embossing powder (they were on clearance at Michael's). I then added a few random embellishments that I had and a ribbon to keep the tooth fairy's gift safe. On the inside I made a space for the tooth fairy to write what dates she visits on to keep track of my little girl and how quickly she is growing.


No comments:

Post a Comment