Sunday, April 29, 2012

There definitely was a theme today


Nothing can stop this lady from a day of creativity, even a dog that kept doing drive-by farts that made me want to vomit (Loki- you know I'm talking to you). Today Nicki taught me how to use a serger. It was a very intimidating machine with 4 spools of thread but after Nicki learned how to thread it (I couldn't even begin to understand how to thread it) I was whipping out washcloths and receiving blankets to help prepare for my brother's baby shower that I am helping with planning.
The day didn't only involve sewing. I also put my Cricut to use today and whipped up a bunch of flowers and letters to prepare for an event at work that we are having this week.
Then the grand finale-----Loki inspired me to make some decor for Nicki's house. A bathroom sign using the Campin' Critters cartridge for the Cricut. Now there will be no guessing what kind of room you will be walking into.




1 comment:

  1. that's really cute! Hmmm, I was thinking I need some sort of sign for my craft room. "messy" or "not messy" but it will mostly be on "messy".

    ReplyDelete